Palos Verdes Peninsulas Land Conservancy
The Conservancy’s success in acquiring and preserving properties for open space on the Palos Verdes Peninsula is due in large part to the generosity of our donors. We have achieved a shared vision of land protection, leveraged your contributions to attract public funding, and run our operations effectively. Your gifts translate into permanently preserved lands on our beautiful peninsula and automatically makes you a member of the Conservancy.
We steward the lands entrusted to us responsibly and provide opportunities for our community members to engage in the conservation work and trail planning essential to the maintenance of these lands and their native habitats. Here are some of the ways we use those funds and contributions:
- Grow over 20,000 seedlings a year in our native plant nursery to restore habitat on the preserves;
- maintain public access trails and offer an extensive schedule of guided nature walks, outdoor volunteer days, and preserve hikes;
- produce educational programming for students and adults focusing on the importance of restoration of native habitat;
- collaborate with universities for conservation research;
- provide interpretive signage on the trails to educate the public and guide trail-users on appropriate use of the land and highlight important animal and plant habitats.
Only with your support can the Conservancy do all these things. The Palos Verdes Peninsula’s landscape – rich in history, natural resources, breathtaking views and recreational opportunities – is our space to learn from and enjoy together.
If you would like to donate or have any other questions, please contact Susan Wilcox, Development Director, at 1(310) 541-7613, ext. 202, or email@example.com.